WARLI ART WORKSHOP - FULL PACKAGE
Start Date: 19th June
End Date : 4th July
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM IST
Dates as per Levels : Mentioned Below
Duration: 10 Days
Discounted Fee : 3000 INR
Level : Beginner, Intermediate & Advance
Tutor : Mrs. Vineeta
Warli painting is an indigenous art of Maharashtra. The word ‘’Warli’’ come from the word ‘Warla’ which means the piece of land. Warli art is an ancient Indian folk art, tradition of painting of a Maharashtrian tribe called warli. Its roots can be traced to as early as the 10th century A.D. Warli paintings use a very basic graphic vocabulary; a circle, a triangle & a square and paintings are monosyllabic. The circle and triangle come from their observation of nature, the circle representing the sun and the moon, the triangle come from mountains and pointed trees only the square seems to obey a different logic and seems to be a human invention, indicating a sacred enclosure or a piece of land.
What will you learn during the Workshop:
Beginner Module Details - 2 Days
Dates : 1st & 2nd June
A well designed 2 Session Workshop module for a beginner level that includes:
- Introduction to the Warli art with basic pattern and motives.
- Composing the human elements and Musical instruments.
- Ending the workshop with a music and dance composition celebrating life on theme ceremony.
Intermediate Module Details - 3 Days
Dates : 8th, 9th & 10th June
A carefully designed 3 day workshop that invigorates basic techniques and levelling up the Skills in the art form. It includes the following : 3 session Workshop :
- Introduction to the Warli art with basic pattern and motive for social expression theme.
- Understanding and composing the human elements in conjecture with nature elements , landscapes and birds that form a key internal part of the art form.
- The module ends With an understanding and composition of the Social expression of day to day life in the life of Warli Tribe and celebration of daily chores in a theme setting.
Advance Module Details
Dates : 15th to 19th June
The Warli Art is simple yet complex in celebration of social expression and in the advanced module we celebrate the art form in a more complex setting of festivials.
A 5 day workshop is designed to step process the theme essence and understand the composition.
The module includes the following :
- Introduction to the Warli art with basic pattern and motives for festival celebration.
- Next component of the module focuses on the essence and composition of birds and animals that integrates into the celebration and festival activities.
- Understanding and composition of Tarpa Dance. This dance form is peculiar to the warily tribe and is the most celebrated form of expression in all festivals. Its is unique to the tribe and beautifully captures the essence of festival and marriage celebrations.
- The Last segment of the module focuses on the composition of the all the elements for a theme setting of festival / Marriage celebration. The essence of the celebration is the focus of the composition.
Who this course is for:
Kids & Adults (Recommended above 10 years +)
White A4 size sheet with maroon or red pen(Sketch Pen or Brush Pen) Pencils along with Eraser and Sharpeners
Intermediate Level :
Red / Black - A3 size sheet with white pen
Pencils along with Eraser and Sharpeners
Advance Level :
Square Canvas (Size : 16" x 16")
- base color dark red with white acrylic paint and brush size - 0, 00, 000, 0000.
Compass, scale & protector
Pencils along with Eraser and Sharpeners
About Artist: With 30 years of experience in art and design, Mrs Vineeta is a folk artist from Jaipur. She believes in keeping the legacy of the traditional art forms alive and thus has dedicated her career towards learning and preaching about them to those who have been keen on learning art. She is proud to be associated with BAFA to pass down her knowledge of Warli art style.
About BAFA : BAFA is an art community curated by profound artists from all around the globe who are looking to spread the knowledge and passion for art amongst everybody. BAFA conducts online and offline workshops teaching over 50 different art forms with a fantastic blend of in-house artists who have spent decades in mastering the skill that the art form demands. We also have our own online store and personalized portrait section which allows the artist’s work to reach a wider audience and help them sell their artwork. Keen to know different art forms, join BAFA and you can engage with the renowned artists and learn new art forms from time to time.
- Warli Full PackageINR 3,000+INR 75 Service feeINR 3,000+INR 75 Service fee0INR 0